Once Upon a Time in the Vest

Thursday, March 12, 2020

V 10 N. 16 Two Weeks Ago, Who'da Thunk?


Wow,  two weeks ago we were talking in very, very speculative terms about cancelling the Olympics this coming July.  Status of our society seems to change about 10 times in every news cycle.  Now all winter sports and spring sports in the NCAA have been cancelled.   Where do we go next?  Will football be put on hold next Fall?  How shall we amuse ourselves?  How shall we manage our lives?

I'm not worried about the effect on big money athletes, but I am concerned about the peripheral jobs that will go away, and those people can least afford to lose a paycheck.

I live in a small community where it is relatively easy to avoid contact with people apart from going to the grocery.  But I do travel around Vancouver Island to do mediation cases.  That could theoretically be done by phone and Zoom on the computer, but I'm not sure I can manage the technology.

Our readership is a fairly aged population, and I really am concerned about all of our track and field community.   Hoping all the best for you and that you don't take unecessary risks.  I guess we'll be watching old track meets on youtube.
Take care,
George   Roy   Steve



No comments:

V 14 N. 28 Some Spirited Writing and Old Track Photos

  I've recently discovered a writer James Runcie who has some serious gifts with the pen.  His series on an Anglican priest named Sidney...