Once Upon a Time in the Vest

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

V 5 N 39 61 Years Ago Today

How A Track Event Influenced Our Lives

Few need be reminded of today's anniversary of the first sub four minute mile.  This brief (5 min.) documentary might clear the cobwebs.   Also an interesting comment from Phil Knight how the Empire Games mile between Bannister and Landy  later that year changed his life.  Thanks to Tom Ratcliffe for sending this our way.
Brasher, Bannister, Stamfl, Chataway
Need we say more?
Empire Games Mile Vancouver 1954




George and Roy

1 comment:

Phil said...

Totally awsome Phil Knight comments! My late mother's birthday today. My mother pole vaulted with her brothers no ladies track in Ohio h.s. in those her talent passed me by went to our son.

V 14 N. 23 My First Track Coach Died This Week - Ed Jones R.I.P.

                                                                                                                                    1935-202...