Once Upon a Time in the Vest

Saturday, September 5, 2015

V 5 N. 85 Book Recommendation

Awhile ago Tom Coyne sent this book recommendation , and I forgot to post it.   Sorry Tom.

Gentlemen:

I'm going to tout a book (Available from Amazon) that I'm just starting to read.

It is How to Race the Mile by Jeff Hollobaugh.

Jeff is one of the most knowledgeable persons on the subject of Track and Field I have ever known.  The books contains insights on running and tactics by many well known, old and new, mile champions.  I believe that Paul O'Shea of the Cross Country Journal plans to do a review of it but I think you would be well served to get your copy and see if you don't share my opinion.

Take care,

Tom

If anyone has read it and cares to send a review , we'll put it on the blog.


No comments:

V 14 N. 19 Query on Dave and Don Styron

 Asking any of you who read this blog if you know if Dave and Don Styron who ran at  NE Louisiana and Southern Illinois in the early 1960...